Healing Good News for Cancer

A mighty ocean is made up of drops of water. A great healing chi-field is made up of individual healing stories. Every healing story is a story of love --the love of oneself and others through ups and downs. Every healing story is a story of  triumph -- the triumph of one's spirit over one's temporarily setback. Life is no guarantee. We love life as it comes.  

I just wanted to report good news concerning my health. After the very powerful and healing retreat in Glen Ivy I had a blood test which showed the tumor level in my body dropped dramatically. The number dropped from 143 to 46, which is wonderful and happy news. I absolutely believe that every time I practice chilel qigong my tumors have disappeared and I am completely cured. If some blockages return, they are new and will dissolve with my next practice. Thank you for a beautiful, healing technique for self-healing.

Sal DeBari (middle), Santa Fe, March, 2000.

April 4, 2000 posting: I wanted to share more good news from the CT scans I had done this week. All tumors are smaller and I am certain that the power of chi, love and compassion in action, will continue to heal me. I remain open to an instantaneous cure with every practice, and I affirm that I am completely healed. I also remain patient and trusting, certain that chi-lel will accomplish miracles in my life. So many blessings and miracles have already occurred. With much love and gratitude. 


Thank you for your update. We are thrilled to have been at Glen Ivy with you and to have been able to participate with you. Much loving chi and blessings,

: Lynne & Roger

Dear Sal, Your continued good news is wonderful to hear. I am so happy and know your are healed, too. I continue to keep you in my prayers and chi practice and especially in my heart. You are a very special person. Much loving chi, Nancy


Recovering  from Cancer: Good News Two: Robin Bohlin

Report from Lisa El-Kerdi, March 2000 

Do you remember Robin Bohlin? She's one of my students who came to Glen Ivy. 

Robin Bohlin attended the Glen Ivy retreat in March. She's been fighting cervical cancer for several years . Five years ago she had a hysterectomy to remove the cancer, but a mass was discovered on the pelvic wall last fall. She then had both radiation and chemotherapy. However, an examination in December indicated that the mass was still present.

Robin took a private Chi-lel class in December and a workshop in January. Since December she had no treatment other than Chi-Lel which she practiced for an hour or less daily until the Glen Ivy retreat. Last week Robin went in for another examination as radiation was scheduled to be resumed March 31. There was no sign of the tumor! It has disappeared, and Robin no longer requires radiation. Hao La!

Comments by Nancy Parker:

Thank you, Lisa, because Robin is special to me. We drove back from Glen Ivy so I could take her to the train, and we did LCUPCD in my living room so she wouldn't miss a day, or have to do it in a public place. I was quite impressed with her attitude and her dedication to her practice of Chi Lel. What wonderful news that she has had fantastic success! Much loving chi, NancyCA


 Her cancer counts were dropping rapidly in front of the doctor's eyes! Ginny Walden, Honolulu, HI

One woman with third recurrence of breast cancer did this: She took her walkman to chemo and practiced the La Chi as she was taking chemo! Her cancer counts were dropping rapidly in front of the doctor's eyes! Try it! Why not! And do it the whole treatment. If I had known this when I was going thru chemo and stem cell rescue (now invalid for breast cancer, thank you very much AMA) I would have done it. Also, use Chi Massage after doing La Chi for a while on the area. This healed my breast completely of scar tissue In 3 weeks of doing La Chi and massage for :45 daily. And when I do chi massage, I think of a very loving thought and send it inside the area. I talk lovingly like a mother to an infant, whatever gets that warm glow going in you heart, and send the love inside. THIS WORKS! Did you know that scientists have found that our brain cells are the same as our immune cells? That means the body-mind connection has a hotline from brain to immune system. This why Chilel works (one of the reasons). You talk lovingly to your body and the immune system hears you and responds. The loving voice makes the cell relax and then the chi arrives.. and when chi arrives, all illness disappears! HAO-LA!  Ginny W.


Ginny Walden Honolulu, Haiwaii, U.S.A.

        Aloha Friends!

Here is my complete Testimonial, up to date, as of 4-30-2000.

As a child I was an avid swimmer and athlete. When I was 17, I was

training for the 1964 Olympics and broke the national record for the 1500

meter Freestyle. All my life I was health conscious. I did not smoke or eat

a lot of junk food. For a period I drank alcohol lightly. My diet was full of

vegetables and fruits and not a lot of meat, but I did eat dairy, sweets and

red meat. When I was 21 I moved from NY to Santa Fe, NM

to pursue my calling as an artist. Now at 53 I have been a sculptor,

classical and flamenco guitarist, and an unconventional teacher for over 30

years. Then in August 1997 I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Advanced

breast cancer.Actually,2 years before my healing had begun. At that time I

let go of some destructive patterns in my life and began to feel truly

happy. So when they told me I had had cancer 8-10 years I couldn't connect

with the illness. I told my doctors that just because I now knew that I had

cancer for ten years didn't mean I was going to stop being happy! So I began

treatment with a positive attitude. The oncologist said with great

seriousness that the AMA now approves a positive attitude. I laughed and

asked "And how much does that cost?." A native American shaman told me that

if I knew I had cancer ( in other words I am not in denial) and I could not

"connect" to it, then it has no home, no place to land, and that it would leave

my body. Also I went to talk to Dorje, a Tibetan monk connected with the Dalai

Lama in Santa Fe. I asked him about cancer. He said "Ginny, do not be

fearful. Fear increases illness. Do whatever medicine you choose, it does not

matter. Just be joyful, be happy! Do what makes you happy!". This appealed to

me so I maintained a truly joyful attitude throughout the next 9 months of


Being mystical by nature but also having an inquiring mind I was

praying to the Universe that I would not have to go through treatment and

was searching through alternative therapies. The doctor was strongly against

this and said I would be dead if I chose alternative. That was a strong fear

message and I wondered why he didn't just say "let's try everything!". He

said I had an aggressive cancer and needed surgery,3 months of

chemotherapy (Adriamyicin and Taxol, a  bit higher than normal dose), stem cell

rescue and 6000 rads of radiation. I started praying and decided to begin

acupuncture. My acupuncturist (I called him my "real" doctor) knew how to

treat cancer patients. He suggested I lower my high stress levels by taking

his Mind Body Stress Reduction program which entailed a little

yoga, meditation and a body scan(1 hour a day) I brought my stress levels

down 60%.I also chose a macrobiotic diet for breast cancer (Michio Kushi, The

Cancer Prevention Diet) and cut out dairy, red meats and animal

fats, sugar, stimulants and foods that create mucus. Then I went into surgery.

The surgeon did not believe in mastectomy. She said cancer cells are

left in the body anyway. Her specialty was large breast tumors and I am

grateful for a small scar only 1.5 inches long! She took out a tumor from my

right breast the size of an orange and found 21 out of 23 lymph nodes

positive. She had to sever the nerve in my right arm to get the lymph nodes. I

was diagnosed with a Grade 1 slow growing cancer, ductal

carcinoma, Stage 3 Advanced breast cancer.

I stopped chemotherapy after the first week to research more

alternatives. The doctor was alarmed saying no-one stops chemo, but I insisted

I needed 2 weeks to do more research on alternatives. He did say I had a slow

growing cancer so I figured I could take off two weeks. But I could not find

anything that would (note) convince my MIND that something other would

work, so I continued treatment.

I sailed through 3 months of chemo with no nausea, a good appetite, no

diarrhea and my blood counts stayed normal! I attribute this to

acupuncture (balancing of CHI) and his MBSR program (also balancing CHI). The

nurses were amazed that my blood counts stayed normal.

Then after a short break, I started stem cell rescue. Meanwhile I made a

cassette of "Don't Worry Be Happy" by Bobbi McFerrin and played it

continuously daily to keep my spirits up. Stem cell rescue is a rigorous and

dangerous procedure. I insisted in going as an out patient to the clinic. I

did not choose to be in the hospital because I thought I might be more

vulnerable to infection there. This time they take out 5 bags of induced

harvest of stem cells through a port in my neck and freeze them. Then they

give me 3 High Dose Chemo drugs a day,8 hours a day, for 2 days. After that

supposedly a majority of cancer cells( IF they are there, they really can't

measure) are killed off (as well as all fast growing cells like the lining of

my digestive system and white blood cells!) and they give me back the stem

cells, hopefully" new blood". A good plan but unfortunately many die from the


I got nauseas, fainted twice, couldn't eat, got endless nosebleeds and internal

bleeding. But I laughed the whole way through it! It was so bizarre and so

outside my experience as an athlete and healthy person I just couldn't

relate to it. After the High Dose Chemo they give the stem cells back and it

takes 10 days for the new blood to function. On the ninth day I got a slight

fever. Because my white blood cell counts were below 50 (and maybe 1,since

they cannot measure below 50!) I had no way to protect myself from infection

so I was put into the hospital. The nurses there said it was unheard of to

come in on the ninth day!

In the hospital, they told me I would be there a month and a half or two

before my blood counts would rise to a safe level. I was in an isolation room

with red flags on the door to indicate I was neutropoenic and vulnerable to

infection. So I could not have visitors and would be alone a lot. I said to

myself, I can do this, and proceeded to fix up my room. It was 10 o'clock at

night. All was quiet and I went into the bathroom to wash from the sink. I

looked into the mirror and I saw Tweetie Bird. I was bald for the second

time, had lost 12 pounds, had dark hollows under my eyes and pale skin. In that

moment a miracle happened. My mother was unable to give me unconditional love

.When I was 2 months old she threw me around. Where does the fear go? Into

the cells and it stays locked there until someday I give myself that

unconditional love. I believe this is the underlying condition that was my

dis-ease. I needed to really love me. In that moment I felt this deep

compassion for my body. Tears came down my cheeks as I slowly and gently

bathed my body the way a mother would bathe an infant. I pressed the hot

washcloth against my skin with love and compassion. Each touch was full of

CHI. (I was doing Chi-Lel and did not know it yet.) Afterwards I felt lighter

and happy. I went to bed and I said to the Universe: "I know I will get

through this, and when I do I want to help with healing others. There are too

many people suffering through cancer treatment. I want to help. Show me how

and I will do it. My life will feel totally fulfilled. "Then I went to sleep

and I had a dream. The Dalai Lama came to me in a tall triangular crystal. He

had his hands in a praying position and looked up at me and said "Now

Ginny, remember, BE JOYFUL!" I woke up at sunrise that morning feeling energetic

and happy. I danced around the room singing "Don't Worry Be Happy". The nurse

came in and took my blood as usual. The Italian doctor came in to check the

report. He threw his hands up into the air in surprise exclaiming "WHAT!?"

and the nurses came running. He said "Yesterday her white blood cell counts

were 600,now they are 13,000! How can that be?" The nurses said they dad

seem stem cell rescue patients for 5 years and had never seen this! The next

day my counts were 22,000 and I was sent home. I was in the hospital a total

of 4 days! How do I explain this? I believe it was CHI.

After this two people in my cancer support group went through the same

procedure. They both died.

Recovering from this I still believed that my body could heal itself. I

was looking for a common denominator that could heal my immune system. When

you ask you get an answer. A friend said to try Spinal

Qigong. She had had a uterine tumor (malignant) 15 years ago. She was taught

by the top master in the USA and she practiced 5 hours a day. In two months

she went through a lot of pain but her tumor disappeared completely. She

continued to practice for 2 years. She never did any other treatment. To this

day she is cancer free. I thought that this was for me. We did 20 minutes

doing 4 exercises using breathing and arm circular movements but there was no

engagement of the mind. I was weak from chemo toxins. My knees and joints

hurt, I got dizzy and was very weak and found this difficult to do. Then my

acupuncturist gave me the video and book on Chi-Lel  Qigong. I watched the

video. When I saw that bladder tumor disappear in less than 40 seconds and

when I saw the students who were healed giving back to others , I knew I had

found what I was looking for. I started practicing immediately. When you find

what you ask for everything begins to flow.

A remote friend of a friend called from L.A. to tell me Luke Chan was

doing a workshop there. She lived 10 minutes from the workshop, I could stay

at her house and use her extra car. All I needed was a plane ticket. That week

a sculpture sold and I went to my first Chi-Lel Qigong Workshop.

I beamed at Luke the whole time. I felt energized, happy and knowing in

my heart of hearts that CHI was the common denominator I was looking

for. Luke took me aside and gave me some advice. He said "Ginny, because you

believe in CHI and because I know you will do the work, if you do THREE Wall

Squats a day for 100 days in succession, your cancer WILL go into remission."

He had seen it happen before. He also said because the video account of the

bladder tumor disappearing got my spirits up that I could visualize those

doctors' hands, Dr. Pang Ming's hands and lots of hands delivering chi to me

while I am waiting on the bed for the radiation beam. Then when the beam went

on to see cobalt blue sky coming into my breast area. I did this faithfully

each treatment. They told me I was getting 6'000 rads (1000 rads will kill

you if given all at once!) over a period of 6 weeks,5 days a week. They said

I would get severely burned and to prepare. So I bought some Chinese burn

ointment. At the same time I re-discovered my spoons I had "bent" 15 years

ago. I realized this was gross evidence of CHI at work and this increased my

belief. If a thought could bring CHI into that spoon and bend it, what would

it be doing in my body to cancer cells? So each day they zapped me 4 times

with radiation I visualized. I also had started my 100 day gong of :30 LCUPCD

daily and attempting Wall Squats. At the end of 6 weeks, the last day of

treatment, the tech looked hesitantly under my gown and looked puzzled. She

asked Ginny, you are hardly even pink! Are you visualizing?" I said "Yes! Like

Mad!" and she said they had one other patient who was a red-head with fair

skin who didn't get burned either. She went to a hypnotist. This is another

account of the Mind-Body connection and its healing validity.

In June 1998 my treatment was over and I began to repair myself, taking

supplements, doing the Blood Type diet, resting and practicing Chi-Lel

faithfully every day. I was doing :30LCUPCD in the morning and evening, 10-25

Wall Squats daily with some trouble with joint pain from chemo toxins, and La

Chi :30 daily (1.5 hrs) and slowly working up to the recommended 3 hrs. a

day for cancer. I was also reading the stories of the 101 Miracles daily. This

sustained my belief and gave me the spirit to get through the hard

days. Within 2 weeks after treatment I was swimming a mile a day. A month

later I made a steep 3 hour climb up a mountain and was not even sore the

next day! (As an athlete I know that I get sore after a long period of time

with no exercise.) How could this be? It had to be CHI unblocking in my body.

Then after 5 months practice I experienced pain in my right breast

where the lumpectomy was, pain in my sternum bone, slight swelling under my

right arm and I couldn't extend my right forearm completely and felt the

fascia like tight runner bands, and there was large swelling between my thumb

and forefinger (an important acupuncture point). What was this? Cancer coming

back? I felt the fear programming try to come back in. Should I go to my

oncologist? I decided not to. I knew he would program my mind back into that

fearful place. Instead I decided to have faith in the first story in the book

about Teacher Ren and how he held his arms up for 8 hours and healed his

heart. If he could hold his arms up so long , maybe I could attempt :30 of

Push Pulls! So I started with that form and the La Chi with Chi Massage on

the breast area using:30 continuing to do 100 Wall Squats a day and :30

LCUPCD twice daily. Then when I was doing the Chi Massage I experienced the

"chi worm" effect. First my palm got so hot it felt like it like as hot as an

iron! I sent the Chi in with compassion for the area, tell in it it was

ok, well, cured, cancer gone. Then I felt this worm-like movement burrowing

through my breast tissue. Wherever it went the pain disappeared. The

Push-Pulls were very difficult to do because I felt pain in my shoulders I

would do as many as I could, then put may hands on my navel and rest, then

attempt more until I completed :30 minutes. Again, Teacher Ren's story

sustained me. After 3 weeks everything returned to normal. I had healed

myself! This was totally self-empowering.

Meanwhile people were coming to my house to join me in the

practice. Others began feeling results. We practiced together using the

video. I went to my first retreat in October 1998 at Sedona. I broke the

barrier and did :45 Wall Squats. It was an exhilarating workshop and I

decided to become an instructor. I increased my hours to three daily and

focused on Push-Pulls to prepare for my next retreat. Meanwhile my medical

reports showed no evidence of cancer. I was in remission!

My femur neck bones however showed considerable weakness while my spine was

stronger than normal for my age. The doctor was puzzled. I figured it was

Chi effects. At one point I was determined to bring my blood counts back to

normal (after stem cell they stay at a lower range) and I got "obsessed". Then

my blood counts actually went down! So Luke advised not to be obsessed

because it blocks the Chi. He said just keep doing it and enjoying the

practice and do not expect anything. I took his advice.

Slowly I detoxed, hot flashes went away, I slept soundly, my energy came

back rather quickly, my weight regulated. I experienced Chi effects like pain

in the ankles, joint pain, lots of sweats, meridians sparking and popping and

buzzing, tingling in palms and surges of heat in several areas during the day

or night. Food tasted really good and my appetite was normal. Two planters

warts disappeared which was an indication my immune system was well. My

heart opened , I still feel joy daily and like everyone is my family.

I went to the Glen Ivy Retreat in March 1999 and became a certified

instructor. I taught over 800 people in Santa Fe, New Mexico with many

positive results. Then I went to China with Sal Debari that June for 2

weeks. We received healing Chi from 7 different Chi-lel masters. We met Jin

Lao-Shi and he looked at me and said I had healed myself of cancer!( He had

just healed 51 people in 50 days of cancer!) I saw Sals swelling lymph node

on his neck disappear in ten minutes when Jin Lao-Shi sent Chi to him. The

masters said they would continue to send Chi to me at 4:30 daily for one

month when I returned to NM. Each day I sat down and received Chi from them

and felt Chi tingles up through my palms and all over my body all the way

from China!

Then I got the calling to move to Hawaii to continue my healing and to

teach Chi-Lel. I am also that much closer to China. (I will never forget the

joyful loving spirit of the seven masters and the wonder of that

experience!). It is two years and eight months since my diagnosis and I am

still cancer free! Now in Hawaii I have gone to another level of healing: the

emotional plane. I am also still detoxing from radiation. But my body is

stronger than before I had cancer and my energy is steady and full. My

emotions have been clearing away old patterns. At first I cried a lot,

during Wall Squats especially. Now after 9 months in Hawaii I feel refreshed

and renewed and balanced on the emotional plane. I went through some

difficult times here and the Chi-Lel practice sustained my energy and

emotional balance. I am instructing here and many are responding. There is a

strong request and energy going toward creating a retreat center here for

Chi-Lel. The Aloha here is like being among Chi-Lel people; no judgments, just

a lot of love and joy and support. I practice daily 3-4 hours a day and I am

curious to see where Chi-Lel is going to take me! My whole life has changed

dramatically for the better. My physical health is now just a small part of

this change. I feel like I have something to give back, just like the teachers

that moved me on the video. Now I am one of those teachers and I know why we

want to give back. My life feels totally fulfilled as I make real the promise

I made in the hospital.

I find what makes Chi-Lel so effective is the sustained interest for

the mind through the use of the audio tales. This must be the key. I learned a

fact recently that it is now proven that the cells of the brain and the

cells of the immune system are THE SAME CELLS! This means the immune system

has a brain. When we talk to our bodies, our bodies listen. This is the wisdom

and power of Chi-Lel. I am using this in group healing as a focus as well as

in my own practice, using affirmations that focus on the result, and how does

the mind see this visually? I can use on all levels: physically, emotionally and

spiritually. The mind is serving Chi. I am full of gratitude daily for Chi-Lel

and see this practice as on the crest of the wave for mind-body

healing. Thank you, Mahalo  Nui Loa, Dr.Pang Ming for this gift and for my life.




 It felt as if she were being touched by many tiny particles

 Martha  Howard

Chicago, Illinois

We had a wonderful healing this past month.  In our Friday night group, one of the women has had ovarian cancer.  She had chemotherapy, and her CA 125 (a marker for cancer activity) went down to 3.  However, then it went back up to 28.  She did not want to do more chemotherapy, and had been doing Chi-lel, so we did a lot of Fa Chi that night, and she said it felt as if she were being touched by many tiny particles, and that it was very powerful.  Then she got her CA 125 done again, and it had gone down to 8!  I just thought you would want to know.  Love and much chi to you, Frank and your family at this holiday time. 



Her uterine tumor and ovarian cyst had completely disappeared!!!

Lisa El-Kerdt


Hi Friend,

Thought you'd be interested in these exciting stories from 2 of my

students who were at Sedona. I'm posting this on the Forum.

Hao La

Lisa  of Santa Fe

I'd like to share two exciting healing stories from our New Mexican

practitioners, Kaja Mauldin and Ruth Ross. Both women attended the Sedona

retreat in November, Kaja for the weekend and Ruth for the entire five days.

Kaja, 22, is a Generation X Amazonian Superstar who lights up any room

she enters. In July she was diagnosed with a rare but treatable form of

lymphoma. When her entire upper body became swollen, she had scans that

revealed a 7 cm. tumor wrapped around her superior vena cava, the primary

vein leading from the upper body to the heart. Doctors prescribed an

aggressive course of chemotherapy followed by radiation.

Kaja began Chi-Lel at the same time that she started chemo. Since her

first workshop in July, this Chi Warrior has only missed one day of practice!

Several times she became discouraged and almost quit. However, the more she

practiced the more she began to experience the benefits of Chi-Lel. One day

she hobbled into our session at the Cancer Treatment Center. She had injured

her leg and couldn't walk or drive. Her mother had driven her to the

practice. By the end of the practice, Kaja declared herself 90% improved and

was able to walk normally to her waiting car.

In November Kaja had her last chemo session. For the first time since

July doctors repeated the scans on her chest. Kaja's tumor had completely

disappeared!!! Doctors have, however, continued with the course of radiation

therapy in case there are any lingering cancer cells. Kaja is now focusing

her Chi-Lel practice on reducing the side effects of radiation. She hopes to

save her thyroid gland, which doctors have said will die with the treatment.

Kaja has been a teacher to all of us who have shared her journey. In

spite of dealing with pain, fatigue, and fear she always has a ready smile

and cheerful attitude. Rather than falling into a well of despair, Kaja has

used this experience as an opportunity to delve deeper into self-awareness.

In addition to Chi-Lel, she has incorporated The Artist's Way and 15 minutes

of creative expression into her daily practice. You go, girl!!!

Ruth Ross is a deeply spiritual woman who was diagnosed with invasive

breast cancer, a 12 cm. uterine fibroid tumor, and large ovarian cyst seven

months ago. Both a mastectomy and hysterectomy were advised. The uterine

tumor had pushed up toward Ruth's navel causing swelling equivalent to a

third-month pregnancy. She was also anemic from bleeding caused by the tumor,

and her doctor expressed fear that she could bleed to death.

Ruth refused surgery and allopathic treatment. She began a radical raw

food diet. For the first four months her breast tumor doubled in size every

month. Then three months ago she began Chi-Lel. From her first workshop Ruth

embraced the practice whole-heartedly. It was obvious that she felt a deep

connection with Chi-Lel. She began to practice daily, attended every workshop

I offered, and came to the Sedona retreat.

Since beginning Chi-Lel, Ruth's breast tumor has remained the same size.

On her most recent scans before Christmas, the technician thought that the

machine was broken. He even unplugged the machine. Ruth thoroughly enjoyed

the technician's consternation. Her uterine tumor and ovarian cyst had

completely disappeared!!!

Both of these women have demonstrated faith, perseverance, and remarkable

grace in their healing journeys. It has been an honor to share the road with


She pointed her fingers at it for about 30 seconds. It seems to have disappeared (immediately)!

Richard Bolstad of New Zealand



Hi folks

Updating you on Margot's progress. A week ago, Margot

was only just able to get up in the morning. She had

considerable pain despite her medication, and she was

sleeping and half awake most of the day. Right now she

is alert most of the time, and laughing etc. She is

reducing her pain medication and her symptoms are

reducing. Yesterday, Margot told Dong Laoshi (the

teacher working with her) that she had slight pain in

her arm (last week she had serious lymphoedema

there). Dong Laoshi identified that the problem was

one tumor in Margot's neck. She pointed her fingers

at it for about 30 seconds. It seems to have

disappeared (immediately). Another woman coming to see

Dong Laoshi has had a large number of tumors

disappear (yesterday). A friend of ours came to her

last week for overweight problems. He has had 2

kilograms a day disappearing from his body. These all

seem like good signs to us!

Love, Richard


A scan showed that the tumour had disappeared

                   Richard Bolstad of New Zealand


Many other people around us have been healed by Dong Laoshi though. One was a 5 year old boy with an inoperable brain tumour the size of a mandarin orange. He couldn't see, walk, talk or hear. He had been like that for 3-4 weeks. After 4 sessions of fa chi, he could do all these things, and a scan showed that the tumour had disappeared. A few other people have had tumours dissolve overnight, or been cured of other major illnesses almost instantly.

Even Margot had one experience like this. She had pain down one arm as a result of one of the tumours in her chest. By looking inside her body, Dong Laoshi identified which tumour was the cause, and sent chi to it. It disappeared in 30 seconds. So there have been various positive changes, and Dong Laoshi still tells her this will work. Margot's general situation seems (according to Dong Laoshi, other teachers, and herself) to be mainly held up by her own panic attacks. It's very strange because this is her line of work (healing panic!) -maybe that's why; it's a case of the physician not having the confidence to heal themselves. At present she is not sleeping much, not eating much, and is very weak. She is still doing several hours of healing a day. I've started to think of it as a case where you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.





People are commenting in church how much better he looks and moves


Dear Frank, You may get a call from a student of mine named Wally Wagner, and I thought I'd give you a little

advanced notice. He has some form of myeloma, I believe, like cancer of the blood or bone marrow. Anyway,

he knows what it is. When he first came to class with his wife, he said it didn't matter if this cured him, if it would

only make him feel better.. Well, it has definitely made him feel better. People are commenting in church how

much better he looks and moves. If fact, one day while I was talking to his wife, Marlene, a person came up

and apologized and said that not long ago when he'd seen Wally he thought he was on his last legs, and now he

was surprised to see him so much better. She told the person that he had been practicing qigong; at the church.

Anyway, he comes every week and has the six direction la chi tape to practice at home. We are learning the

LCUPCD method as well. He may call, because he was interested in coming to Glen Ivy for just one day, and

I told him he would have to talk to you.  See you soon. Love and much chi, Nancy


  The doctors did not expect her to live more than a year... NOW, ALMOST 2 YEARS LATER

Nearly two years ago, my partner, Danielle, and I were preparing to return from a workshop at Mt. Baldy, CA. where Frank McGouirk and Nancy Parker had introduced us to the Chi-Lil.  I received an emergency phone call from my mother, who informed me that my youngest sister, Jeanne, had been admitted to the hospital.  Her breast cancer had reappeared and metastasized.  The doctors gave her 3 - 6 months to live.  Shortly thereafter, I brought my sister to a workshop in Whittier that you were conducting at Frank McGouirk's dojo....  

Not long after receiving the news about my sister, Danielle received a phone call from her mother, who also happens to be named Jeanne.  She had just been diagnosed with stomach cancer.  We immediately sent her a video and audio tape of the Chi-Lel.  She underwent surgery (they removed her spleen, part of her esophagus, and 80% of her stomach) and chemotherapy.  The doctors admitted that the surgery had shown that the cancer had spread beyond what they were able to remove.  The doctors did not expect her to live more than a year...


Jeanne, my sister:  She still practices the Chi-Lel, takes MGN-3 (a natural killer cell booster), and receives medical treatment in the form of a drug therapy not ideally suited to her type of cancer - but the doctors have nothing else to give her.  Her cancer has stabilized and may even be in remission.  She has been able to return to work and is raising her two young children.

Jeanne, Danielle's mom, called this morning.  She wanted to tell us that it was her 600th day of practice!!!!  She also takes the MGN-3 ( a natural product derived from rice bran and oriental mushrooms).  She has not been taking any medication for the cancer.

She visited us over the Christmas and New Year's holidays and is more vibrant, healthy, active, and alive than other people I know of her age (73) or even younger.

P.S.  she would love to have a 'pin', if you still have them (for completing the 100 day qong). Editor: pin sent and received!!!!





The Chinese Experience: "101 Miracles of Natural Healing"

A Chain of Miracles

In 1972, Teacher Lin Shua-Hua underwent surgery to remove a benign tumor in her throat. The tumor reappeared five years later, spreading to her esophagus. It was so painful that she couldn't eat solid food. In 1983, she underwent further surgery and lost her voice. Seven years later, the tumor reappeared and this time it was malignant, and she became immobilized and had to be fed intravenously. Eventually she weighed only seventy-nine pounds, a mere skeleton.

"When the doctors told my husband that there was nothing more they could do for me, I gave up all hope of survival. I merely laid in bed, in terrible pain, waiting to die.

"So when my son suggested that I learn ChiLel I was in no mood to listen. However, my son was so persistent that I finally agreed to try it. At first I needed three people to carry me to ChiLel practice, but after twenty days I was able to go there by myself. When my stomach began to hurt a lot my teacher reassured me that it was a good development, and that I was responding to chi. Incredibly, within three months I had regained my health! When I went back to my doctors for a checkup they couldn't believe their eyes, for I had survived against all odds." "Why was your son so persistent in persuading you to learn ChiLel?"

"Because he himself had been cured of a strange illness. He used to wear gloves to school because his hands had many tiny flesh particles hanging from them. But after practicing ChiLel for fifteen days, his hands were cured."

"In addition, my son told me that our ChiLel teacher had also been saved by ChiLel. In 1986 when Lao-shi came to our city, three quarters of her heart was not functioning and her skin was almost black. After listening to Lao-shi, she began to study ChiLel and recovered completely."

Indeed, as I was to encounter again and again at the Center, a chain of miracles had occurred.

Back to the Top

If It Disappeared By Itself It Couldn't Have Been Cancer

"Four years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and told that I had only three months to live. I cried and couldn't eat for three days."

"Did your doctor give you any advice?"

"Yes, he told me to eat whatever I wanted and to rest well."

Seeing I was puzzled with her answer, Ms. Wu continued, "They couldn't operate on me because I had heart problems and anemia. I would surely die on the operating table. Furthermore, I couldn't undergo chemotherapy because my body wouldn't take the strain. Imagine, even before I had cancer I needed to rest ten times in order to climb five flights of stairs. I was finished. But even facing death, I couldn't accept that my son would be a little orphan in the world.

"So I was desperate for a miracle. When someone mentioned that ChiLel could help my condition, I immediately went to see a ChiLel master. He emitted chi to me and I responded well. I saw the light and took up ChiLel. By the end of 1992 I was cured, and could climb five floors without resting or panting.

"When I returned to my doctor for a checkup, he was surprised to see me still alive. He confirmed that I was cancer free but said, 'If it disappeared by itself, it couldn't have been a cancer.' Yet at the same time he denied that he had misdiagnosed my case. I guess sometimes it's difficult to face facts when they are contradictory. But I don't care because either way I defeated a life-threatening illness.

"My whole family has taken up ChiLel. By doing ChiLel, my son's intelligence has improved. He has jumped from ranking as one of the last two students in his class to one of the top. ChiLel is really wonderful."

Back to the Top

Entering the Back Door to Recovery

With her smooth skin and fair complexion, Ms. Chen looked much younger than her age. Speaking in a soft voice, she described her heroic struggle against disease.

"As long as I can remember I have been fighting diseases. Besides suffering from diabetes and kidney disease, I had bladder stones in 1960, and a liver tumor in 1963. Just when I thought I'd had enough of surgeries, my thyroid gland became cancerous and required an operation in 1977. But the cancer didn't go away after this surgery and, a few years later, I underwent a second operation."

"So this time the cancer left for good?"

"That's what I thought at the time, but unfortunately, the cancer reappeared three years later. The doctors were now afraid to operate on me anymore and my cancer continued to grow as nothing was done about it for another three years. Finally, another hospital suggested that I undergo a third operation."

"Did you follow this advice?"

"It was very tempting because someone was at least trying to take care of the cancer instead of letting it eat me alive. But the doctors weren't sure if another surgery would help because it was likely that the cancer had spread to my bones. I couldn't move my left hand at all and my right hand only to chest level. I couldn't lay down to sleep because my back hurt and gradually, I lost my speech too. Finally, the doctors predicted that I had only two months to live."

"Did you cry upon hearing such dreadful news?"


"Why not?"

"I had no more tears to shed."

"So you had given up?"

"Not quite. I was used to bad news. So when my sister, who was practicing medicine in Beijing, invited me to live with her for my final days, I jumped at the chance. Once in Beijing, I saw hundreds of people practicing ChiLel and became curious to learn it."

"How could you do ChiLel if you couldn't even move your hands?"

"That's what I wondered at first. But my teacher told me that I should move as much as I could with my body and use my mind to gather life energy from the universe. I believed him and practiced diligently. Gradually, I regained my speech and could take care of myself."

"So you recovered completely and lived happily ever after?"

"Not yet. After a year's practice, I decided that I was well enough to go to the Center for further training. However, I was turned away by the Center."

"Are you kidding? I've been told that the Center is a place of mercy."

"Yes, but it has a rule that anyone who is severely ill should have an accompanying family member as a caretaker. They told me that the Center was a self-help place and students need to help themselves to get meals, take baths, and so on."

"Did you then go home and bring your sister with you?"

"No, I felt I had already burdened my sister too much. Fortunately my ChiLel teacher, who just happened to be at the Center, persuaded the registrar to admit me through the back door.

"But when I told my teacher that I wanted to register as an instructor trainee and not as a student, his mouth dropped. 'Are you crazy? Even healthy people sometimes have difficulty getting through this vigorous training program.' I continued to insist so finally he gave in and admitted me to the program through another back door.

"Once in the program, I believed that I was already a healthy person and followed the routine as much as possible. Although the teachers didn't know my weak condition when they admitted me, they soon found out when I had three near-death experiences during the first month of training. Fearing that I would die in their class, these teachers very much regretted my admission to the program.

"However, I was silently and stubbornly fighting my diseases during every training session. Each time I fell down, I would get back up on my feet; when I fell again, I would get up again. With tears and sweat, I would hang on to the practice without giving up. Finally, my teachers got the message that I was striving to live by working myself to death. They cheered me on. So with a strong will to live, I survived triumphantly. Not only did I win my battle against cancer, I also gained certification as an instructor. That was three years ago. This time I've come back to train more."

"Would you recommend people with severe illness to go through the same program?"

"No. My teacher was probably right in saying that I was crazy. People should go through the front door to learn ChiLel."

I guess that anyone who is crazy enough to enter the back door deserves healing.

Curing Cancers Naturally
By Luke Chan

During May 1995, while I was researching for my book, 101 Miracles of Natural Healing, I captured the image of a spontaneous remission of a bladder cancer on videotape at China's largest medicineless hospital, the Huaxia Zhineng Qigong Center. The videotape made a great impression on those who viewed it. Subsequently, I received many requests to explain what is the theoretical background of such an incredible feat and most important, can it happen to people with cancers here in United States? In this article, I will attempt to answer some of the questions.

More than 5,000 years ago, the Chinese discovered that there is a life force in nature known as chi (Qi) and they invented Qigong (Chi Kung) exercises to tap into this force for power, health, longevity, creativity, and enlightenment. Until 1980, the Qigong practices were kept secret within families and religious temples. However, during the eighties, many masters opened their Qigong secrets to the general public. Since that time, China had gone through a period of "one hundred flowers bloom simultaneously" as tens of million people have learned different Qigong methods. Inevitably, some better organized, more effective methods have emerged from the crowd.

Now in the nineties, ChiLel™ Qigong (Zhineng Qigong), with eight million practitioners worldwide, is becoming one of the standard Qigong methods in China. Since 1988, Dr. Pang, a physician trained in both western and Chinese medicine, founded and directs the Huaxia Zhineng Qigong Center, the world's largest medicineless hospital. At this hospital, self-healing human-body science--the new frontier of medicine--is being explored. Over the years the Center has treated more than 100,000 patients with 180 different diseases and has achieved an overall effective rate of 95 percent.

One of the illnesses treated at the Center is cancer. Dr. Pang has repeatedly reminded his students (patients are referred to as students since they are learning a self-healing art) that what is incurable in the modern medical practice doesn't necessarily mean that a disease is incurable. He explained that when chi gathers matter appears, and when chi disperses, matter disappears. So when chi gathers in an abnormal way, cancer appears and when the abnormal gathering of chi disperses, the cancer dissolves. What is chi? Chi is colorless and shapeless and exhibits properties of matter, energy, and information (Shin See). Take, for example, a living cell: on one level it has a membrane and a nucleus; on another level it contains molecules, electrons, protons and neutrons; on yet another level it exhibits itself as energy. Finally it reaches a level in which it manifests itself not only as matter and energy, but also information: it is at the chi level. According to Dr. Pang, because chi contains information (Shin See), it listens to our wishes. Now if it is true that cancerous cells are made up of abnormal chi, and chi listens to our commands, can't we simply order the chi to disperse so as to disintegrate the cancers?

This is exactly what the teachers in the ChiLel Qigong Center show the students how to do: order cancers to disappear in seconds! I was stunned to witness a bladder cancer melted away like an ice- cream cone in the sun when four ChiLel teachers simultaneously emitted chi into a student suffering from bladder cancer. During this process, the bladder cancer was being monitored ultrasonically by two western-trained doctors. I had captured this and several other spontaneous cancer healings on videotape. However, it didn't work on everyone and the ChiLel teachers point out that they were conducting research on combining modern technology with ancient Qigong techniques, and the results must be considered inconclusive. However, for those whose cancers had disappeared, these were not research projects, but real healings.

Can you apply these techniques to heal yourself without going to China? Of course you can because chi is universal. However, because ChiLel is a self-healing art, you need to learn how to do it instead of relying on others to do it for you. Is it difficult to learn? No, because Dr. Pang designed the ChiLel movements with the understanding that many people who need help don't have much time to learn. They need it now or never.

The first ChiLel method you need to learn is called La Chi, the opening and closing of your hands. When you are doing the opening movements, imagine your body disappearing into infinity and when you are doing the closing movements, imagine that chi has arrived and you are healed. In other words, you are integrating body (shing) and mind (yi)to achieve better results.

In addition to mind and body, La Chi also involves your spirit (shen) because you wish your illness go away and believe that you can be healed. At the Center, wishes are often expressed in words such as "when chi arrives, illness disappears," "chi is plentiful," "meridians open," and "Hou-la" (healed, cured). This is a form of prayer. Yet every ChiLel practitioner knows that chi helps those who are willing to help themselves.

Another important aspect of ChiLel technique is group healing. In a group setting, the power of chi is multiplied because of the aggregate effect of the individual chi of the people in the group, just as a group of people, each carrying a candle, will brighten up the whole room. Indeed, every full moon, the founder, Dr. Pang, leads all the ChiLel practitioners in the world to do ChiLel. In America, on the day of the full moon, the practice time in the eastern time zone (EST) is 8:00 pm.

Is ChiLel for every cancer student? Not yet. The ChiLel Center is still researching better ways to help everyone. As it is now, some people can easily absorb chi and some people can't. So if you have a serious cancer condition and ask for my advice, I would tell you that I am not a doctor but a philosopher. As a philosopher, I can tell you the obvious--people are born and die, it is a natural cycle. If it is time for you to go, it is your fate, nothing can stop it.

But who can tell you when is your time to go? Again and again the people I interviewed told me that when they thought they had reached the end of the road, they found a new source of energy within themselves and gained a new life. It can happen to you too.

Meanwhile, may you and your loved ones have plenty of life energy, chi! Hou-la!



Return to Healing Good News

Return to Homepage